Feel passionate about your work, succeed and thrive in whatever you do.
The goal of coaching and mentoring is very often something practical – you want to:
- drive a business forward .. or .. manage staff effectively
- implement change .. or .. respond positively to threats
- use time productively .. or .. be more effective
- achieve job satisfaction .. or .. change career
- focus on issues and challenges .. or .. balance work and life.
As a coach and mentor my approach is to make you the best you can be to meet whatever challenges you have and achieve your goals. I’ll help you lay the foundations for constant improvement and continuing success, and that involves creating the right set of beliefs, behaviours and skills, especially:
- a confident and positive attitude
- knowing what motivates you
- having clear goals and a plan
- building great relationships.
The role of the coach and mentor is to support, to listen and ask lots of questions, to ensure focus, continuity and progress, sometimes to cajole, to make suggestions and offer hints and tips.
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development defines coaching as ‘developing a person’s skills and knowledge so that their job performance improves …. leading to the achievement of organisational objectives. It targets high performance and improvement at work ….’
The Institute of Directors includes ‘enhancing personal impact and performance’, ‘retention of key people’, ‘more creative outlook in business planning’ and ‘improved management of other staff’ amongst the benefits of coaching.
I offer one-to-one sessions lasting an hour.
I am a member of the Association for Coaching, and a Founder member of Coaching York.
If you want to know about how coaching and mentoring can help you or your colleagues, just get in touch.